Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 37

Hello Everyone!

Phew! I got 20 emails today! Some of them were pretty lengthy as well. Thank you all SO SO SO much. It is honestly just so refreshing to read what is going on in all of your lives! The advice was all accepted and I will print out a bunch of emails so that I can read them over the week. Thank you thank you thank you! You all gave great advice and I will try things out.

This week has been a relief. I have not been so worried about doing things my way and just laying back, I guess, to see how they do things here. I'm still not convinced that it is BEST way and that I can't improve it, but I got to see more of what I am working with. I just mainly focused on letting go of all stress. Just completely doing everything to dispose of it. It has worked pretty well and it no longer ranks on my to do list... it is done. I've just got to find a way to get the work moving now. We taught two lessons to investigators this past week. That is painful! I told Elder to lead the work. SO something still needs to happen there. I'm still clueless as to what... but I have faith I will find something out.

I did get to bond alot with my ward this week and I was much more in the mood to play with kids and be more myself. And, way more than my last area, I have my group of best kid friends. All are younger than ten... and mostly girls. They all love to steal my camera and have photo shoots. I felt like I was at a family reunion with all my little cousins again. Good memories. Filipino kids are very sweet and I really enjoy every opportunity I get to interact with them. They are all very patient with the language, they love to laugh, and they just LOVE to give big bear hugs. I have kids jumping on my back and attaching themselves to my leg at most of the houses we go to. Maybe that has been my therapy to make me happier this last week. It was much needed.

The language is coming along ok. I have come up with some ways to learn it faster and without the help of my companion (he doesn't speak it, he just understands). It is funny, because my companion only speaks Tagalog, some conversations are completely dual language. Elder will speak Tagalog and the person will speak only Ilonggo. Everything is still understood so I guess it is fine. It is an interesting language and I think I will learn to love it as much as Tagalog. I did an attitude check this last week with the language. I was kinda hating on the new language and just wanted to stick with the language that was easier for me. SO now I am trying harder to speak their language and become fluent for them.

Thank you all so much for all your help and support. I pray I will continue to rise and overcome this trial and become better for it. I will definitely be much more patient.

Love you all!

Elder Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment