Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 39 -- Much better

I was able to work with Elder Judd this last week and have honestly made a best friend. Like I feel like this guy would fit in with our cross country team. We have been joking and having a good time this whole week. We also tore the area up! We only had like three days to work this week, but we got 4 new people to church. None of them had ever been before. That was awesome. We also had 120 people at church... we had like 80+ previously. I was super excited when people accepted commitments to be baptized and to go to church. I am way excited for the next couple weeks and months here in Manoling.

Elder Judd and I have really enjoyed gong running here in Manoling. We have tried to go every day. I have him a companion for the next week to until transfer day when I get my new companion. We have gone to see a bunch of the waterfalls here. They are AWESOME and way pretty. We get to rn through a bunch of sugar cane fields and climb up mountains and just enjoy God's great creations. We both love hiking and walking and take every chance we can to go the scenic route and just see new places. It has also been fun having an American companion and get to speak my native language alot with a person who is also fluent. It just isn't the same when you are with a person from the other side of the world. Don't get me wrong... I love their language and their culture, but it is just nice to be able to have someone American with you. Being this separated from everything American makes you miss it alot. So just having him to talk with has been way sweet.

The work just took off this week and I have a bunch of investigators I am way excited about. The two ain ones are Brother and Sister Malunes. They are a young couple with two little boys (like exactly the Filipino version of Krista's family... like every single person is the same age). I really like them and think they will come to know of the thruthfulness of the message. They are super receptive. The wife Sister Julie could definitely join Krista's bossy lady club. Manuel (her husband) is just like Evan as well (he just laughs alot). Sister Julie went to church, but Brother Manuel had work that day. I really think we can get them all to church this next week. The ward absolutely loved that they came to church and I hardly got to talk with her because she ALWAYS had someone that was right next to her and talking with her. I'm not complaining too much.

Another person who came to church was a real interesting story. He came to the house and asked us for an exorcism.... Wow. We were tripping out when we learned that there was a guy outside of our house that was wanting us to perform an exorcism. We had no clue what to do. So we decided to just interview him to see if he was really possessed. We had no reason to think that he had some spirit controlling him so we gave him a blessing. He had been seeing people that said they would kill him and hadn't slept or ate in three days. So he has basically stayed with the family we live with. He has had part of the first lesson and has really improved since. He has slept the past couple nights and has eaten well. He is also excited to learn more about our message. His name is Brother Amid. We are really excited for him as well.

I thank you all so much for all your support and prayers the past couple weeks. It has really helped me to know how much support I have from you all. I know I can get through anything the Lord puts me through and will continue just to trust His judgment. I pray for you all as well and miss you all so much. Keep strong and keep in touch.

Elder Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment