Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 35 - Rough Week

Hello Family!

So this week was a very trying long week. But I am more than happy to announce that I have been able to work through it all and I am starting to see the light side of it all. It is a super long story and sort of stupid. But my companion and I had a very rough start to our time together. It mostly had to do with a misunderstanding he had from President. He thought that he was the senior companion and made that very clear when I arrived. SO I believed it and was very content to just follow. It became strikingly clear though that he had zero clue how to. He doesn't understand the white handbook or preach my gospel. I did the dumb thing and let my frustration get pent up for a while and then we quarreled. It took an interview with the ZL to work things out and for him to accept that I was going to lead the area. So things were pretty intense this week and we weren't able to get a whole lot done. I don't want to blame him for this because he had some pretty lazy trainers and other senior companions so he has had some misinterpretations of how things should be on a mission. He has been on his mission longer than me and he has still yet to be a senior.

So I have felt pretty bad this week, but it has been "for my good and experience." I have had to analyze what I really want to get out of my mission and how I can put up with companions that aren't just "matches made in heaven" (my trainer and my trainee were just so awesome). I have had to try to find ways to have fun and have the spirit without always having the cooperation of my companion. But I have survived. Now things seem to be on the mend. We have had to put alot aside for each other but I think that is the ONLY way to get through the next 5 or so weeks or longer. Now that we have made those sacrifices things are bearable and could even improve to fun.

The exciting news is that even though we were not able to visit him this week one of the drunks that went to church last week came back. He came all by himself and got there half an hour early. We are teaching him and his whole family tomorrow. He is way excited and we have already talked to him about baptism. His name is Jeldy and seems to be promising... if we can get him to quit smoking and drinking. I think it is very possible and his family seemed way nice when we met them.

So this week is my first week leading the area and I am excited for it. The people seem receptive here and I think I really help them. The last barrier is the language which will just have to take some time because I don't have anyone except the family kids to teach me. The family I live with is awesome and I love them so much. They have been a big reason I got through this last week. They have three kids I think... Im not sure because they have some aunts uncles and cousins that live with them. They are all super nice and love to interact with the missionaries. The kids are Ton-ton (i forgot his real name) 15 maybe, Chloebelle Kate 12 maybe, And Marz Cholo 2. Then there is Mary Grace 25 maybe (the sister of the mom) and Noynoy ~11 I think he is a cousin.

I love you all and pray for you all often

Elder Lowry

I am excited for another week and I pray it will be so much better than this last one. It can't get much worse is all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment