Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Week 60

Well...  This week was definitely a busy and a full one.  We are still working way hard core with the less active members on getting serious about this becoming a branch idea.  We seem to have some real support coming from them as well.  This last weekend we had 4 couples (not including our Group Leader who doesn't live in our area) that we all members and married that attended!  We also had 5 Melchizedek Priesthood aged men there with three of them already having the said Priesthood.  The other two are, in fact, the two we are focusing on to be given the Priesthood in January.  Needless to say, I am way happy with the way things are going.  We didn't have some key families that had some solid commitments to go to church, but we still turned out 33 people in attendance.  We are feeling really good that we can keep up those numbers to the end of the year and report two months of 30+ attendance!  

Elder and I are really excited as well because we got our snake skin belts from that huge snake we found last week.  The guy who made the belts was way cool and made them for relatively cheap.  We also had some extra skin and got some wallets made as well.  We are excited to wear them back to visit the family that we got the snake from and show them off.  I have some pictures but, again, the computer isn't liking the idea of uploading anything.  I really do try for pictures but sometimes the computers here are emphatically opposed.  

Well this P-day I am going to the city again to go get some stuff from the big mall over there.  There isn't much for stores here (there are stores but they all sell crappy stuff from Taiwan or something).  We are also gonna get some pizza while we are at it as well.  then tonight will be a laundry party for Elder Lowry.  As much as I despise hand washing my clothes it really is a nice chance to relax and just think about the last week for a bit.  I enjoy that aspect of it.  Then  try to stand up straight after three hours of being bent over a washing board and I remember really fast how much I don't like laundry.  It is a bittersweet relationship.

Well... I am definitely reenergized and refreshed after reading all of your letters! Krista really sent me some fun blogs and news!  Sure sounds like those boys are just getting so big! Thanks so much to everyone for all the letters and support!  I love you all and am excited to report back next week.  Same time same place!

Elder Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment