Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Week 61

Hello Family!

This was a way sweet week for me!  I am mostly excited because I just got done with a sweet hike that Elder Gowey and I and the Tiolas Elders (ELder Waggoner and Elder Eror).  We went to the very furthest barangay in my area called Ungyod and went to a place called Tinagong Dagat (hidden sea).  It was a gnarly climb up to the place with no switchbacks or anything.  It was a trail that as way small and just went straight up the mountains.  We trucked up the whole 2 hours with only like 2 breaks.  My legs felt numb afterwards.  It was well worth the effort though.  It is this little lake just hidden away in the back of this mountain.  Then you climb this mountain right beside it and you can see all around for miles.  I have a way cool video of it... but I can't send video a) it would take a year and a half b) I don't think the email would be able to hold the file.  We took some way cool pictures and had a good morning of hiking.  

This week was pretty slow.  We are struggling getting new investigators and to get our older investigators to go to church.  This last Sunday was low in attendance as Pacquiao had his third fight against Marcquez that morning.  (He won by the way)  This upcoming week should be alot of fun.  We are working way hard to get these two investigators married ad I think this week will be the week we really work to get to the Municipality and get the license processing.  But they also didn't go to church so it will be like Christmas eve that they can get baptized.  Their names are Noynoy and Nene.  Keep them in your prayers that they will work for their marriage and go to church.  Thanks!  

This is Elder Gowey's last two weeks in the mission.  Like in 14 days from now he will be in Iloilo for his departing interview and in 16 days from now he will be in Arizona.  Isn't that nuts!  I also hit a big milestone this week of being on this island for one full year.  That also mans I only have ten more months on my mission.  When you all call next month I will have just less than nine months to go.  Talk about time flying, eh?   This will also be the last Christmas I miss.  I will be ready to party hard core next year.

Well I love you alland miss you all so much.   I am so proud of my family.  My Dad is fifty and is officially well over the hill.  My older brother has gotten a sweet job.  Man... Lowrys are just cool.  I am excited to write to you all next week.  I also forgot one more thing that is cool.  GEORGIA BULLDAWGS! Oh my... I can't even contain myself with how well they are doing.  National Champs next year!

Love You All.

Elder Lowry  


No comments:

Post a Comment