Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Week 5

How is everyone one doing in the deep south? Thanks for all the letters this week! It has been so nice to read about what all is going on in the random happenings in people's lives. I got a letter from Nana and Poppy (I think mostly Poppy) and he was still oblivious to the fact that UGA was about to STOMP ON TENNESSEE'S FACES WITH A HOBNAIL BOOT! But, I am ready to forgive. And don't worry Poppy, I only wear one watch at a time... They would just clash with my outfit.
So I am just clueless as to how fast this MTC experience is going by. I mean we are talking all Tagalog in class and I have already practiced teaching most of the first lesson sa Tagalog, too. We have to really do it on Thursday night for our TRC. So that is exciting, no? (That is the english equivalent to "di ba") I find myself saying those too alot lately. This week has been alot of fun, the English fast was quite the activity. I definitely had a huge headache at the end of the day. But it really made me realize how much I am able to speak. My writing is still much better though. I hope you all enjoyed the talk I included in the last letter. I was rather proud of myself. I prepared a talk on prayer this last week, but didn't have to give it. I noticed on Dad's last couple letter that he is trying to say "much love" at the end? I'm not quite sure if that is what he is trying to say. It makes me chuckle every time because it makes absolutely no sense... at all. To say "Much (or lots of) love" it is "Maraming mahal." It is the thought that counts though right? Mahal Kita, Pa. Alam ko na kung ano gusto mo kong sabihin!
So HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE ONE YEAR OLD! Oh my goodness. I can't believe that boy is so old. Is he walking yet? What are the newest Thatcher/Levi antics? I love hearing about them.
So the district above us leaves a week from today and I will most likely be called to Zone Leader (ZL) on Tuesday. I will be released from DL on Sunday and then start my duties on Sunday as ZL. Then I get to greet a new-coming district next Wednesday. This should be interesting. It feels like I am still the newbie. How did the game against Vandy go? Let's hope AJ and Aaron can keep connecting!
I am doing well. I love you all!
The coolest word in the language... pinakamakapangyarihan = almighty.
Elder Lowry

(**So you'll notice that Google Translate is not perfect... but it helps you get the gist, I hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment