Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 76

Hello Family!

Another interesting week has gone by here in the mission.  Let me just tell you the story... hold on to your hats.  Tuesday was great.  We had a great district meeting and I went on splits with the ZOne Leaders.  Right before I started interviews with the Elders in my district President Pagaduan asked to talk to my companion Elder Faran!  So it was blatantly obvious that he was going to transfer that Friday.  I was so excited for him but sad that I would be left in Molo without him... we had become really close.  I also felt bad that he wouldn't be there for the HARVEST of baptisms comin up in March.  I felt kinda greedy and he felt sad to leave such success.  The upside of all this was the chance for me to train sky rocketed! I was waiting by the phone Wednesday and waiting for President to call and ask me to train.  "I was 150% positive the call was gonna come.  And it did.  President small talked for a bit and then asked to talk to me privately and said, "Elder the Lord has called you to be a  (insert me thinking trainer trainer trainer...) ZOne Leader.  WHAT!?!!?!?  What did he just say?  I asked for him to repeat that... yup it was in fact zone leader that came out.  So That means Elder Faran isn't leaving ME... I am leaving him.  Oh I almost choked.  So I had to get all my laundry done and pack up all my things all after just ONE transfer in Molo.  I was so upset.  I don't wanna leave this place.  I understand the people so well, I love them so much, I was having great success... Why would the Lord take me away so quickly from what possibly had become my favorite area?  These are alot of questions that have been going through my head these last couple days.  I eventually just had to trust in the Lord and expect that I can do it and find more success in my new area.  

So now I am emailing you all in a place called Hamtic, Antique.  I am the zone leader here in the Antique zone and the only District on Panay island... yes, they are not yet a stake.  So I've had a ton of responsibility heaped on me here in the last few days.  We have lots of meetings and we correlate with leaders in far away places.  I am really excited for it.  My new companion is Elder Arrieta.  He was actually my first District Leader in the field.  We are doing really well and I have just had to jump into being a new zone leader way fast.  Hamtic is only a branch here but has AWESOME attendance.  Like the average is over 100.  So we have lots to work with and still tons more to work on.  The members seem to be way nice here and very participative in missionary work.  I am still trying to get adjusted back to pure Karay-a.  I miss Ilongo so much right now.  But I will get by with a little help from my friends.  The work seems to really be progressing right now and I am excited to get more adjusted to it this next week.  Fun fact:  ELder Adam Stokes was zone leader here when I got to the mission. I have had a tough time this last week coming to terms that I had to laeve Molo and readjust AGAIN to a new area.  Like I struggled with it alot.  I was so attached to that place and had ZERO expectations of leaving it anytime soon.  I feel like I have done a good job of coping with it and getting excited for a new place and new challenges.  It has just SUPER tough initially.  

The work in Molo did really well last week and I am so excited for what is going to happen there over the next two months.  It should be harvest time for them.  The good thing about being ZL though is that I have meetings in Arevalo every few weeks so I will get to work in Molo at least every month.  SO I won't be out of contact like my other areas.  I should actually get to work there two times in the next two weeks.  I don't know if that will just torture me or actually inspire me.  I think it would help and it will be so good to see them and tell them I miss them.  

I am happy right now especially because I have the chance to send pictures today!  Get Excited!

Well I don't really have much else to say.  Elder Arrieta and I have talked alot about the zone alot and we are excited to get March started and get busy with the work.  I love you all and miss you all so much!  Talk to you all next week!

Elder Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment