Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Week 64

Hello Family!

SO this week was quite a busy one.  The biggest news I suppose is that I got my new companion on Friday.  He is another American!  His name is Elder Workman from Sandy Utah!  We have had a good couple days working together and I think he likes where he is now.  He came from Guimaras Island from a little place called Cibunag.  They were a little group too but they struggled alot more than we are struggling here.  They would have like 9 people consistently at church.  He was happy to see a group that is actually on track to become a branch sooner or later.  

I also got some cool news from President Pagaduan in our transfer meeting.  The mission department has now approved using the video for skype to call home.  That would be awesome to use this year if you all have a web cam.  Just let me know what you all wanna do for this call.  It would be awesome to see you all for a bit though.  I'm sure you could find someone to let you use their computer... or even my laptop has skype and a web cam!  That is only like three or so weeks away!  I am way excited!

This last weekend was just trying to get Elder Workman used to the members and the area.  I think he is already getting into the flow of things and has already helped me figure out some more ways to help them progress more here.  I think he will really be a key to getting the members prepared for moving up to branch status.  This week we will be focusing a bit more on tracting and finding new investigators.  One thing I think this area needs right now is the excitement of having new people being thrown in the mix.  I think if we get more investigators to church every week more members will realize just how important it is to come to church every week and to be more involved.  Elder and I have talked a bit about how to find these new people and how much it will help the Saints here.  

This next week is also looking like its gonna be a rather busy one.  We have a zone conference in Iloilo on Friday which is looking like an all day affair.  It is going to be Christmas themed (GO Sis Pagaduan for getting that by Pres) and we are going to have a "special" lunch.  Then on Sunday we have our Branch Conference in San Joaquin and then we go back to Iloilo to see the First Presidency Christmas devotional.  I am going to be tired from all the traveling by the end of this week!  

Sorry if my letter seems a bit unorganized.  I have a bit of a head cold that has really slowed me down yesterday and today.  I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and a head ache.  I took some medicine last night and it only seems to have intensified my problem.  I think I will go to sleep early tonight and hopefully sleep off my sickness.  

I love you all out there in Georgia and can't wait for next holiday season when I will be back with everyone!  It will be MAJOR PARTY TIME!  Especially because the Dawgs are gonna tear it up next year.  We aren't just going for the SEC championship... it's time my boys brought back the national title to Georgia!  

I love you all and pray for you all often.  Let me know what you all wanna do for the phone call/skype this year.  It will be easy enough for me because when it is P-day here it will be the 25th over there.  SO I could just chat with you all in the morning here and it would be Christmas evening for you all.

Halong,

Elder Lowry


ALSO- CLICK HERE TO SEE A PIC OF SCOTTY TAKEN BY HIS MISSION BUDDY, ELDER WAGGONER {there's several more if you browse through all of them} http://www.flickr.com/photos/natewaggoner/6458409195/

No comments:

Post a Comment