Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Week 51

Hello Family!

So this email is coming pretty late because we spent the morning in my area for an activity. We kinda through a last minute activity for the district and decided to pay a trip to the HUGE waterfalls here in Manoling. They are awesome! I got so many pictures too. So that was a ton of fun. I planned it all out and got us all a vehicle rented and two meals for 130 pesos a head. Like $3 a person. I was pretty proud of myself. It was a beautiful day for hiking and we got to hang out with some members and missionaries for the whole morning. We also had a huge lunch planned and all partied up at the top of the mountain at the Dislag family's house. Like they literally live right at the top of the mountain so we got to have lunch just overlooking our area. Very cool. Everyone also commented on how we probably have the most beautiful area in the mission. SO we just barely got back from that. We were so lucky because on the ride back the heavens opened and rained harder than I've ever seen. The thunder would make you shake... it was insane. SO there we were on the back of a truck just SOAKED. It took me a good ten minutes to ring out my shirt and shorts... but it was all fun when all 15 missionaries got just as wet.

This last Sunday was probably my last Sunday in Manoling. Very very sad for me... I will miss this place so much. I got to bare my testimony to them though and it was a very happy day. It was one of those things were you were said but at the same time you had so much fun saying goodbye and enjoying the last couple days with them. The kids were all so great in Primary. That afternoon they gave me remembrance pages were they wrote short little notes to me to say good bye. They all gave me big hugs and said goodbye (some kids live far away and I won't see them at all this week). They were all so very gracious. that has surprised me so much about these kids. Every Sunday they let you know that they are thankful Every time they pray they thank the Lord that the Elders were able to teach to them and visit their house. Just very thankful and sweet little kids. Little Eriel just came up to me yesterday and said, "Elder Lowry, thank you for baptizing me." And then gave me the biggest hug she could muster. It was one of those times that completely makes going on a two year mission worthwhile.

We also had an awesome week of work as well. We had 7 people attend church and 5 of them have a baptismal date. It will be hard for me to leave all of them as well. Their baptisms will for sure be an awesome day. All I have to say about that is the Elder who replaces me is one lucky dog. We also got all of the Mission Standards of Excellence so that was very fulfilling. This, for the record, is the fourth week in a row we have done so. But I kinda realize that the area can progress perfectly fine without me and it is time to go get the standards in the next area.

I am very sad to hear about how the UGA game went. I am depressed here as one of our district mates is a Boise State fan.... shoot me now. In fact Mark Richt can fly over here and pull the trigger for me. All the more reason to just focus on the work, right?

I love you all so much and I am excited to email you next week to tell you if I got transferred and about my new area if I have one. I pray for you all often and think of you always. I only have 53 weeks left here!

Elder Lowry.
Scott with a boy who will be baptized just after he leaves (if he leaves)
His Filipino fan club :)
Him and some Elders at the falls in Manoling!

No comments:

Post a Comment