Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 47

Hello Family!

How is everyone over there on your side of the world. Things over here are going really smoothly as of right now. Everything is in order for the two baptisms on Saturday so that is really awesome. Both Elder Balmeo and I are super excited for it. But I don't think we come anywhere close to how excited little Eriel is. She always runs up to answer the door and promptly reminds us of how many days are left to her baptism. We went on splits with some members yesterday and I was able to get all the paper work out of the way until the actual baptism occurs. So almost nothing can go wrong with the plan anymore. So that is my best news right now. I am working on the program right now. It will be way sweet.

Th work this week has been alot of fun. We are really trying to find some new people to teach closer to where the church is. Alot of our investigators are good, but it is proving to very tough to get them to church. They just live way out in the middle of nowhere. We hope that if we can find more people to teach that live close to the church that we can get more of them to go to church. We are also really excited for another investigator who will be baptized on August 27th. Her name is Remia Tungala. Her husband is a member but very inactive. It is great to see them all go to church together (they have 3 kids). It is like bringing a whole family back to the church. So we are super excited for her. All of their extended family are also members. She has been talking and inviting all of them to her baptism. So we are just ecstatic about that one as well.

I am just excited about life right about now. We are working hard right now and it sure seems to be paying off right now. Our motto right now for this area is doing anything we can to just leave it better. To leave the apartment better, the members better, and with a new batch of strong members as well. It is a statement that you ALWAYS here on your mission. But Elder Balmeo has really helped me find out how good it feels to just do small thins to leave your lasting impression in an area. It is impossible to make it perfect, but to just improve it however you can. Then my work with the primary helped me realize that I can really make that program better for the next group of missionaries... or even just how much the members appreciate the help and support in their own ward. Which by the way my primary has grown to get about 35 kids. Wow... 35 little Filipino kids it gets loud sometimes. But they all listen pretty well (everyone tells me they are usually more roudy) but it can really wear me out as well.

Well, that is all there really is about this week. I can't believe school is about to start again over there. I remember this time last year as well when everyone was leaving off to school, but I stayed home waiting for Sept 15 when I would leave to Utah. I can't believe that is almost a year ago. I couldn't've even come close to imagining my experiences over here in the Philippines. I can't wait to go home and share them all. We will have to go to that Filipina lady's restaurant and I will get her to cook all my favorites. We will eat so much rice that you all will just explode. Like you all don't even know how much rice I can eat now. Like even if it has nothing on it... Im good to go. So you have that to look forward for the next year.

I love you all so much and pray for you all. I miss you all so much and know this next year and a month will just absolutely fly by for me. So lets keep working hard so we can party even harder in a year's time.

Halong kamo

Elder Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment