Monday, November 8, 2010

Week 8 - Last Week in the MTC!

Kamusta kayo ang pamilya ko?!

How is everyone today? Time here is just flying by, I can't even believe it. This time next week and I will be making final preparations to check out. We taught Lesson 2 in Tagalog this past week. It was pretty awesome. It was a Filipino family that volunteered that was from Iloilo so we chatted a lot as well. They had THE CUTEST little five year old girl named Iris. Man, I can't wait to get there and meet all these little kids. I am beyond excited. So I leave MTC campus at like 1:30 PM next Monday. I will leave the SLC airport at 5:00 PM. I will get to LAX at 5:45 and won't leave there until 10:45. This is all local time. I think I will call during that time if that is cool. Thank you for the calling card number! I am way excited to be able to talk to everyone. It seems like forever, di ba? So from LAX at 10:45 PM and get to Taipe Taiwan at 5:30 AM (their time) on November 17th (two days later)... can you say Jet lag? Wow. I lose two whole days traveling. Then from Taipe I fly to Manila and get to Manila at 11:45 local time. Then I hop on another plane to Iloilo at 5:35 PM (So I may try to call again.) I will honestly have no idea what time it will be at home so I apologize in advance. That flight is only about an hour long, so that is nice. I'M SO EXCITED. This is my last week of classes. And Sis. Turbyfield- Thank you so much for the goodies. All my hallmates and I chowed down on those delicious cinnamon rolls. Thank you so much.

I am ready to go! Thank you all SO much for all your support. I love you all so much. We got another visit from an apostle this last week! M. Russell Ballard came and spoke to us! I think we set a record. Wow. So I read his book "Our Search for Happiness" all the way through the next day. So good. I love hearing from apostles. I'm hoping we can continue this streak for just one more week. Maybe Holland or Bednar? OR maybe Uchtdorf... One can only hope. I do have a lot though, we also got an awesome speaker last night. Sheri Dew payed us a visit. She is a fantastic speaker. I love it.

I was released as zone leader. I am just training the new ones for my last week here. So this will be relaxing and less stressful. I am going to be really sad to leave all these missionaries. But, a lot of them are going to Iloilo so I will see most of them before too long. I'm really proud of all of them though. We have like the most loving and close zone. It is fantastic to see everyone getting along so well. I am happy I was able to help make the zone a little bit better before I left. These missionaries are just fantastic though. They don't need much help to be awesome. There is this one Elder names Elder Waggoner who is like a white Joseph Scott. SO naturally we are best friends. And he is a huge Avett Bros fan. (watch that one. watch it. all the way to the end.) So we have much to talk about. We have decided that we will be companions in the field. Sorry president, we have already decided. He's a fantastic harmonica and guitar player.

So we are all working super hard to close out our stay here at the MTC. It is bittersweet for sure. But we are all too excited to be distracted on the bitterness. Tell everyone to not send letters too far into the week, or else I just won't get them. I'm excited to talk to you all soon!

I pray for you all often

Meron po kayong pananampalataya!

Mahal Ko Kayo!

Elder Scott Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment