Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Well... I guess this is Goodbye!

Alright! I guess it is time to say my last goodbye to everyone. So Hasta La Vista Baby! See you all in two years. Thank you all again for your continuing support, whether you have helped me get ready for my mission or you continue to help my family throughout my mission, I cannot thank you all enough for all you do! There are way too many people to thank and I could not even begin to name names in fear of leaving too many important people out. I will miss Evans, GA dearly and I am eager to return! If you ever have an afternoon where you are wondering what elder Lowry is up to feel free to use dearelder.com and drop me a little note. It is easy and free, and any encouraging tag lines are much appreciated as well. Directions to use this website are below in one of the earlier posts (if you need further assistance just call the house).

I am so excited to have the opportunity to share the wonderful message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to my brothers and sisters in the Philippines! I have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon that I feel can help people who need that special feeling that the Holy ghost supplies while reading this book. This gospel is full of wonderful doctrine that can enhance and uplift any individual's spirit and well-being. It can provide guidance in this confusing world, structure in this world of chaos, and sanctuary from this bleak and cold world. This gospel can lead us to true happiness that can only be found in the footsteps of our Savior Jesus Christ. He is the way to heaven and the perfect example of what we can strive to become. This gospel also can make our families become one in purpose and provide peace, love, and happiness in the home. I have seen this in my own home and I have observed that when our families are closer to the Lord we are all happier.

I love my family so very much and the thought of being away from therm for two whole years is daunting. But! The Lord is in control and I know only great things can happen now. I know time will fly by and I will be reunited with them before I know it. We have all of eternity anyway, right?

I love you all.
I love the Gospel.
I love my family.
I love the Lord.

God Speed my brothers and sisters and farewell!

1 comment:

  1. So..we just got back from dropping Scott off at the airport, and he was in ATL before we got home! Crazy! He is excited to get going and learn and do the things he gets to do as a missionary. We had a great day yesterday...and his setting apart was wonderful..and reassuring to me..his mom! I look forward to hearing from him and learning of his adventures! We love him and will miss him..BUT we are SO grateful for his choice to serve a mission! We Love you Scott!

    ReplyDelete