Monday, September 17, 2012

Week 105

Hello Family!

I am doing well here in Jordan! This week seemed to go by a little bit slower but it has been so much fun... so I'm not complaining.  I imagine things might slow down a little bit these next few weeks considering I only have three left and it is really starting to hit me that I am actually going home.  I was so surprised when all the sudden it was Saturday and half way through the day I realized I had been gone from home for two years now.  I was so shocked and it really is starting to set in just how excited I am to go home and be part of the grind again.  I literally cannot wait to see you all again and be able to talk to everyone. 

This week was really busy with meetings in Iloilo.  I had my last day of training I will ever have in the mission... President Pagaduan was getting funny about how a bunch of us were going home that transfer.  He made alot more references to marriage and dating in a meeting than I have ever remembered in a missionary training.  Elder Domincel, my ZL companion in Hamtic that I had a blast with, is now the new AP so it was super fun being with him.  The other AP Elder Galloway is also another really good mission buddy of mine here and I had a blast listening to their trainings.  I think this AP companionship is the best one I have seen my whole mission.  Elder Galloway is also one of the guys that I want to go to Brazil with in 2014.  We had sometime after the training that we researched some more of the logistics of how to get to Rio de Janeiro...  Looks like it will be quite the adventure.  It is so weird doing things now... you always wonder if it will be the last time that you will have the opportunity to do that thing again as a missionary.  It makes you feel so sentimental.  

The work this week was alot of fun with Elder Sefeti.  My companion is so funny... he has such a weird sense of humor and has made me laugh all week.  People from Fiji are crazy!!  We have been working alot still with our LA and RC convert families.  There seem to be ample amounts of problems in our members' lives.  We really are having a tough time helping some people prioritize their lives so that they can give the Lord a chance to bless them and work miracles in their lives.  I think the motto of my mission has been, "Give the Lord a chance."  I think that is the biggest thing I have learned on my mission.  When we follow commandments and obey His word we are really just giving the Lord an opportunity to bless and prosper us.  When we refuse to follow we are not giving the Lord any room to work in our lives and it is completely our fault.  So i have really just acquired a desire to allow the Lord to mold my life into what He would like it to be.  

 It was great hearing about Graham and Sascha's "farewell" Sunday.  It sounded like I missed out on a spiritual sacrament meeting.  I am sure those two are gonna make exemplary missionaries and will work miracles in the mission field.  I am so excited for them to experience the mission life and to enjoy the blessings that come from being on the Lord's errand.  I have felt so edified on my mission and I know it is impossible that they will not feel like they have improved by the end of their mission.  This has felt like the bootcamp of my life and I am ready to go on and continue my service in the real world.  I can't believe that my own little brother will be a missionary in 10 days.  For a few short weeks there will be two Elder Lowry's in the world.  WATCH OUT.  

I am really looking forward to these next few weeks.  We are having another fun P day right now.  We went to a place in Nueva Valencia and went on a zip line and did a fun ropes course.  We got lots of pictures and I got a video of the zip line (no head injuries occurred thankfully) and then enjoyed a nice lunch.  Later we have an afternoon full of football and basketball planned.  So I am super excited for this afternoon.  I am so excited to come home so I can watch real football and basketball on the big screen! I am so mad I am missing Georgia football... but I know it is because I'm still on a mission that they are still doing so well this year.  Let's hope that continues when I get home.  I have quit counting my brownie points with the Lord for my beautiful wife... I have recently asked Him that all brownie points I gain for the rest of my mission can be deposited in the "Georgia National Championship" jar... I hope to fill it before coming home!o

Well I love you all and I was looking through a bunch of my pictures the other day... I am so excited to have a picture day with you all when I ge home and introduce you all to my friends from the Philippines!!!!!!!  Only three weeks left and I will be home...  get excited.  I love you all so much and can't wait to see you all soon.

Love,

Elder Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment