Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Week 100


Hello Family!

Well first thing is first... Look up at the title.  WHAT THE?!!!  How did this happen.  It has honestly been 100 weeks since I have been home.  We've only got a few more to go!  this last week has been fun and has been quite the challenge for us here.  It seemed like we were off in our timing all week.  We would show up and no one would be home or they would be so busy with something that they couldn't give us any time.  It was just tough for us to be able to teach anyone.  Like there were two days where we walked around for like 6 hours going between appointments and no one would let us share with them.  It was actually quite ridiculous.  So things were a little slow moving in the area and I am confused on how we went from such a successful week to nothing it seemed like.  We still had a couple people come to church but this was the problem... all the people who came this last week didn't show up yesterday... so we lost that momentum we had built up and I am worried that the people might just fall back into the habit of not coming to church (mostly because they haven't even made it a habit yet to come to church).  So now you know the stress and worries of this missionary.

I am not too worried about it though because we really are trying our hardest.  I am definitely concerned about the fact that none of the people we made progress on this last week progressed this week, but I feel like with some good follow up this week we will be able to find the problem and make some solutions.  I look forward to the challenge and hope I am up for the task.  The work here seems to be super inconsistent and I am trying to get things started but it seems like everyone is only willing to hop on board for like a week or two and then they are tired or discouraged or a number of different things may happen so that they can't continue to persevere.  This next week will be another one where we are gonna have to work our butts off to see any progression.  These people are proving tougher to motivate than some other areas. 

We did have one BIG family come to church that we have been working hard with since before I got here and this is only the second time that they have come to church as a family.  They are the Ogaya family and they are the ones that made me my birthday dinner.  They are such a cute family and all the kids are just like little brothers and sisters to me.  They have 6 kids and they are all still young.  The oldest is 14 I think.  But they are just so special and I love them already.  I love going over there and teaching them as a family.  They also just LOVE the missionaries and it is jus a fun place to be after a day of hard work and you are just exhausted.  They usually have food for us and always know how to lift my spirits.  So I was so happy that they all showed up and last night we shared the Restoration video again with them.  They all said that they really enjoyed church and I really hope they can keep this momentum and keep going strong. 

Overall I am happy and doing well here in jordan.  I enjoyed my pizza this last week even though it was Pizza Hut.  I am well aware that it is the bottom of the pizza chain at home but in the Philippines it is a sit down fancy restaurant.  Fancier than anywhere else I have been here.  So I will be more than happy when I get home and I get to eat Pizza joint and Mellow Mushroom an Dominoes.  Ahhh... my mouth is watering already.  Like you don't even know how excited I am t eat pizza and dad's hamburgers, mexican food, and Miyabi's.  I will eat SO much rice at Miyabi's.  I am a rice eating machine here!!!! I will challenge anyone to a rice eating contest at Miyabi's when I am home.  BRING IT ON!

I love you all and miss you all so much.  100 weeks, MAN!  That is so long.  But I can count the weeks left without even taking off my shoes... so you know we are close.  I can't wait!

Halong,

Elder Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment