Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 92

Hello Family!

This has been another good week here in Antique!  I am way happy with the way things are going and we are still working our butts off out here!  We weren't able to top last weeks work, but we are still chipping away at setting records here in Antique this month.  It really does look like every single companionship will have baptisms for the month of June... I think that is pretty unheard of... not just in the district but for the entire zone of Antique.  Wow... We rock.  So I am way excited for how everything goes this week and I am energized and ready for the next week of work.  I had a bit of a cold this last weekend and that really slowed us down... but I am recovered now and back on my feet.  I am just a bit congested right now but no more head ache or body aches.  It has been raining so much lately and I have felt this cold coming on for the last week or so and I just couldn't shake it off.  It got the best of me Saturday and Sunday and I did alot of sleeping to try to speed up the healing process.  This morning was great, though and I think I am done being sick.  These past two days were rough though and I wasn't the only one feeling sick.  It seemed like everyone in Hamtic was feeling about as good as I was.  We had a lesson last night where I think EVERYONE was at least a bit sick.  There was lots of coughing and sniffling through out the whole lesson.  I am going to go play basketball this afternoon too so I think i should be able to sweat everything out and be ready for another week of hard work. 

The exciting news for this week is that my little brother Graham just got his mission call to Lubbock, Texas!!!! I am so excited for him and he will have a great time serving a mission.  We are always jealous of stateside missionaries when we are walking in the hot sun and we think of them in their AC cars... it must be nice.  Or actually having AC in your house... haven't had that for some 20 months now.  Count your blessings pal!  haha.  I am way proud of Graham though and he will make an exceptional missionary and have tons of success.  My homecoming will be lacking though now!!  I can't believe how close that was...  I left Sept 15th 2010 and won't get back til Oct 10th and then Graham leaves Sept 26th!  Ah well.  4 years will just make the reunion that much better I guess, right?

Work wise this last week was lots of fun due to the fact that we have finally found the family that we will help be baptized in to the church.  The Pablo family accepted baptismal dates this last Friday and they really do want to become members of the church!  They will be baptized in July though... so I probably won't see them get baptized.  I really think I will be transferred in June 29th.  I only have two more transfers in my mission (HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN!?!) and so it is my time to step down to just a senior companion probably and die (that means go home).  I am just happy I was able to meet them and help them get prepared for their baptism... I am just happy that the Lord gave me what I had been praying so hard for and even if I don't get to see it happen... I was a part of it and that is all you can really ask.  That is a big family though and I think about 5 or 6 of them should be ready for baptism on July 28th.  There are super nice people but need lots of preparation.  I was just happy when I realized that what I have wanted the most in this area has finally come true... a family!

Well, this is a fun part of my mission.  Working my butt of for 21 months has really been paying dividends now... I am really working hard but it is just getting more and more enjoyable.  The adjustment to missionary work really does take so long and I think I have really gotten the hang of it now and t just makes work fun when you have things "figured out" for the most part.  Of course there are times that you still wonder what you are supposed to do but for the most part I feel like I know what I am doing and I really actually enjoy doing it.  

I also want to just share my Happy Father's Day wish with everyone... My Dad is honestly my main hero.  He is awesome and I love him to pieces.  He has been such an impact on my life and supported me through everything in my life.  I honestly consider myself one of the luckiest kids ever just because I was born into the family I have right now.  I don't mean to brag but they are just simply awesome and even though we have our share of problems we have done such an awesome job of staying close together and I honestly love them so much.  I miss them more than I can express and can't wait to see them (most of them) when I get home.  Anyways Happy father's Day Dad and try not to go too crazy with fishing shirts.  

Well I am doing so well here in Hamtic and I was so happy to get everyone's letters this last week.  It is so good to hear what is going on with all of you and I am so happy you all still remember me and love me.  I hope you all have a great week and I am so excited to hear from everyone again next week... You had better write!

Halong,

Elder Lowry

Pic 1- Family Home Evening Filipino Edition

Pic 2-  The other Elder's in Hamtic had a baptism this last weekend.  Our member did a good job of Flirt to Convert ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment