Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Week 91

Hello Family!

This has been another great week for Elder Domincel and I am super excited to report to you all.  I have really felt the work progress over this last month, not only in my area here in Hamtic but in the entire Antique zone!  It has been awesome to see the Lord hastening His work here in this zone.  Everyone in the zone seems to be working super hard and we are really achieving some remarkable things right now.  I am super proud of all the missionaries in the zone right now.  

This last week we have been following up alot with our few investigators that have baptismal dates and the couple families that are working to return to activity in the church.  Right now I feel confident that we will have one or two baptisms the last weekend of the transfer and we will have even more for July... if I get to stay here in Hamtic.  I really think I will transfer to my last area this transfer though.  Which blows my mind that I am already talking about my last area.  These last few months have gone by entirely too fast.  I feel like I have been in Hamtic for 3 weeks... not three months.  Anyways, We had some real success with two part member families and preparing them for baptism.  They sound really committed and have been keeping commitments.  I am so happy I will be able to see at least some of the fruits of my labors here in Hamtic.  If I could only have one more transfer... 

We also got to teach the Pablo family for the first time this last week. They are the family members of the member that died the other week and wanted to be taught.  Turns out they really want their ENTIRE family to be baptized.  They came to church this last weekend and loved it.  This will make it three times now that they have gone.  They are a way cool family and I am really excited to follow up more this week and maybe even give them all baptismal dates this week.  We will see what happens, but I am almost sure they will accept too.  The work is just getting so exciting here!  I hope we can keep the fire going!

I was talking about the success in the entire zone recently and this is what I mean... let me talk numbers for a little bit.  We totaled everything up last night and yesterday we had an avg of 7 investigators in sacrament meeting per companionship for the entire zone!   Isn't that ridiculous?!  We also had four baptisms and an avg of 10.7 lessons with a member present per companionship for the last week.  Right now we are exceeding all the goals we had set for the month of June in the Antique zone.  So that is mostly the reason I am saying the Lord is really hastening His work in Antique right now.  It is just awesome to see this happen.  Another reason I really want to stay another transfer is so that I can go to ZLC next month and report this to President Pagaduan. 

This was a sad weekend for the rest of the Philippines though... Manny Pacquiao lost for the first time in seven years.  There was alot of yelling Tagalog/ Ilonggo profanity from all the drunks yesterday.  It made for a fun day of work.  I did hear about Miami winning to get to the NBA finals... I think they are going to fulfill my prophesy this season.  I hope they don't disappoint like last season, though.  Go Heat

I am just basically really content with how things are going and excited to get back to work and see what we can get going for next week.  This area is really progressing and we have lots of potential to grow and have even more success over the next few weeks/ months.  I am happy and doing really well.  I am loving my time in the Philippines but definitely look forward to coming home in 4 months!  I know the church is true and love serving the Lord.  Love you all and enjoy the pics!

Halong,

Elder Lowry


Pic 1- Delicious seafood I ate last week... honestly some of the best I've had on my mission.
Pic 2- A retarded cow we saw in our area.  I had a photoshoot with it trying to find the perfect picture to send home.  Hope you all appreciate it.  
Pic 3- A gonzai tree our member made here.  It is tiny... but a full grown tree.  It is way cool.
Pic 4- A picture perfect sunset here in Malandog.  I love the sunsets here.
Pic 5- Some kids of our investigators in Malandog.  They are too cute.







No comments:

Post a Comment