Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 58

Hello Family!

How is everyone out there?  I am doing really well here in Miag-ao!  This has been a bit of a longer week as we have been really busy with a lot of things.  One thing that I am really excited is one of my really good mission buddies just got transferred into the area right next to mine!  I don't know if I have ever written home about Elder Waggoner, but we met each other in the MTC and have been good buddies ever since.  He was in the batch that came in while I was ZL.  He is from Kentucky and the way we found out that we would be best friends was when we discovered that we both loved the Avett Brothers.  Ever since then we have just become good ol' friends.  SO he is in the next area over in San Joaquin.  We are actually a part of his branch (we are just a group).  

I got my package this last weekend and I was able to withdraw some money so thanks Pa!  (I think the card activates if you put in the pin code at an ATM).  Thanks so much for the potatoes and candy!  The pancakes were awesome as well.  We are saving those because we have a hiking trip to the mountains on Nov. 12 and everyone from our district is coming.  So I figured I would be Mr. Generous and just cook the pancakes that morning for breakfast.  I am way excited for this hiking trip because the mountains of my area are supposed to be way cool.  We will be going to a place called "Tinagong Dagat"  (hidden sea).  It is this random lake on top of the biggest mountain here.  It will be an all day hike, but they say you can see like 8 towns from the top of the mountains and it is way worth the hike.  Get excited for some pictures!

The work this week was tough again because we had Stake Conference in Iloilo again.  We were only able to get like 3 members there.  The members here are all pretty poor and it is tough for them to go anywhere outside of Miag-ao.  We are getting way excited for our young couple investigators though.  Noynoy and Nene are getting closer and closer to getting married and should be baptized next month on November 12th.  We are really pushing for them to just get the marriage papers done.  They are always apprehensive to start and I think they are confused on how to get everything done.  So we are trying to help them get it done and trying to be patient.  They both really want to be baptized... the marriage is the thing they are nervous about.  We are actually going by to meet Nene's parents to help them feel more comfortable with the wedding and to tell them what they need to do for the paperwork.  

Other than that we are really trying to just get all of our members that are in our area to church on Sundays.  And we are really trying to help one guy get everything in order so he can eventually be our Group Leader/ future Branch President.  So that is a big job.  We are sometimes not quite sure what to do and how to do it, but we feel like the Lord is directing us and teaching us step by step.  We really feel like the work is progressing fast in this are and I am just way excited for it.  

Well I figured out my picture problem... my card reader was crap.  SO now I have it all worked out and I have like 20 pictures I really wanna send.  SO I will let them do the rest of the talking! (They woke up at 5am to get the sunrise pictures)

I love you all and miss you all so much!  Happy Late 2nd Birthday to little Levi and Dad's big 50 party is coming up!  Everyone is getting so old while I am gone.  I'm excited to hear from you all this next week!

Halong,













Elder Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment