Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 30

Hello everyone!

I am doing well... now. I have been sick as a dog ALL week long. I'm talking the whole week through. We finally got to work yesterday afternoon. So this week has been dismal practically and I felt like a big piece of poo. I got like a flu type thing. Friday was the worst when I got a super high fever of 39.2 Celsius. I thought I was going to burst in to flames. Man, I was just tired and sick all week. I really don't know what from. I am just glad it is over.

General Conference was awesome! They uh... really pounded the marriage subject, eh? All of us missionaries were debating what it would be like to be in any of the BYU campuses. Must be like a marriage fest. The talks were way good though and I really enjoyed watching them even though I was sick... it offered a chance to recover and just relax. I liked the talks about the importance of service as well. I really think that the service of our church is one of the greatest ways to share our message. Even as missionaries. The only way to get people here to trust you here is to serve them first. Other than that you are just this white guy trying to speak their language and teaching them about God. So that is something I am focusing more on in my area. I also loved loved loved the talk about "to be" and "to do" that was an awesome analysis of what those two verbs entail and their inseparableness in the Lord's gospel. To be and to not do is self deception and fake. To do and to not be is what Jesus called Hypocrisy and deception to others. I really liked his talk. I am just overly excited to get the written versions next month. I love conference edition of the Ensign. I also thought it interesting how Pres. Monson brought up using the Lord's name in vain. For such an offense it used to cost your life and now it is way common. For me it would be better to curse something a thousand times then to use the Lord's name in vain. I guess as I study the Lord's life and works it really makes me cringe to hear it used without purpose or as "just an expression."

Im sorry this is short but I just don't have that much to write. I didn't get to work very much and I'm really excited to go back to work right now. Thank you all so much for all your support to me. Thank you all for your kind emails of love and support. It really does help me to hear from you all and to grow from your strong testimonies. Just earlier I learned from my nephew Thatcher's small but strong testimony of missionary work. I pray for you all often and hope you are all doing well.

Devyn- you said something about pictures in you email but there were none. So Im not sure if that was a mean joke or a blond moment.

Love you all

Elder Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment