Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1st letter of the New Year!

Hello Everyone!

I am really excited because this is the week I can finally send you all some pictures! I am so happy to give you all some visuals about the work here.
While I wait for them all to load I will give you the low down on this past week. It hasn't stopped raining and it is a quite comfortable temperature. Even though all the Filipinos are saying it is too cold for them. (like low 70's). But it has been a super busy week. We hit our goal of having 30 lessons taught. SO needless to say we were practically running to appointments and trying our best just to keep up with the lessons. Dexter and his wife are just flourishing as investigators. It really is amazing to watch and experience. We worked out the marriage thing and we can still baptize them on the 29th of January. We had to fill out some forms and President Pagaduan will have to interview before the baptism. SO we are working super hard with them to really prepare them for that. Nevertheless, they are so excited to be baptized and to go to church and stuff. It was awesome that they came t church this last week. They have a 1 month old baby and they had no umbrella to take. SO they left early and had to find shelter every time the rain picked up. They texted us and said they were at market and the rain was too intense, so a member and I went to pick them up with some umbrellas. I was so happy they came because as soon as we woke up and heard it was still raining we got really depressed because we thought for sure that sister wasn't gonna go because of the rain. On the 22nd we are also going to have two other baptisms. A girl named Sheila (She for short) is getting baptized and a sister of JeckieLynn and Georlyn named Jessa are both getting baptized. Tayson might be able to be baptized on the 29th if he goes to church every week this month.

The cutest investigator story ever: I hope you are ready. We asked Jessa if she was going to church on Saturday of course. We made sure she had a way to get church and everything. (she is 11). Then we reminded her what time it was and asked what time she would leave. She then asked us "I can get there anytime before nine right?" And so we were like, of course, we will meet you there at 8:30. We get there at 8:40 and they aren't there! So after like 5 minutes of waiting we ask some of the members and they said "Oh ya, they are here. They are up in the chapel" So we go up and there they are just talking with the bishop and some other members. SO we go up and ask how long they had been waiting for us. They said, "We got here at 6 this morning." They literally waited three hours for church and were the VERY first people to the church that day. They stayed for all of church too. We about died laughing. They thought it was great because we bragged about them to all the members the rest of church. They are so funny. SO I told them that they won the best investigator story of the week award.

So Picture 1: This is Dexter and Merlinda Alvares with their baby Princess Linzie Alvares. They are so awesome and love to have us over.

2: These are the Sollios family girls. They love me. The one on the right is Gelmarie. The one on the left is Geraldine(the little one)! hahaha. The one in the middle's name escapes me. sorry

3: This is what happens when little Filipino kids steal cameras. They just have goofy photo shoots. I will let them hold my camera and within 15 minutes I have 100 new photos. The girl is NorieLynn and her family is taking the lessons.

4: Krista asked how much weight I've lost. Quite a bit, but I gained alot in the MTC. So probably as skinny as I was when I ran cross country. But this is just Elder Ordeniza and I walking. I think Tayson took this picture.
5: This is our little gang just walking one day. We posed alot this day. I forget why. Hahaha

I will send a separate email to attach some more pictures!

What was up with both Mom and Dad giving me Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium quotes. I thought that was hilarious. Both very good though thank you! It makes me proud to see such good movie choices in my home.

This week has been a ton of fun. I have learned how to really enjoy this new culture and Elder and I have just laughed all week. We play punch buggy alot because that is the most common vehicle here I think. We saw 7 on our way into town today. I am doing really well though and the language is continuing to improve at its turtle pace. But I have learned to just keep going and worry about it just during study time.

Thank you all so much for the continued support and love. It really is so nice to know I have a fan base on the opposite side of the globe.

Elder Lowry.

Email with more pics:

1: Buloklok in Tagalog. Flower in English

2. The first baptisms on my misson!

3. The little nephews of another one of our investigators. They are funny!

4. JECKIELYNN AND GEORLYN

5. The day of the flood! When we met Dexter!

No comments:

Post a Comment