Monday, October 1, 2012

Week 107

Hello Family!

Well Here is the last real letter coming from your missionary here in the Philippines.  I really can't believe that this is my last week to work as a missionary.  Talk about making someone nostalgic and sentimental.  I have had a great time lately getting together presents for everyone and I think I am about prepared to hop on the plane and see all your beautiful faces again.  I say I am ready but the fact that I am leaving this place hasn't really hit and I don't thin it will until I am back with you all again. 

This week was sure alot of fun.  We are getting lots done still and we are working hard.  We had a member officially return to activity this last weekend that had been inactive for a good 10 years.  He seems to be doing really well and he is seeing how the gospel is still able to bless his life and the life of his family.  His name is Romeo Malcon and is a great guy.  I am glad we have been able to help him out and see changes made in his life.  We were supposed to have one more person return officially as well but she wasn't able to go to church this last weekend.  I was let down because she has REALLY made alot of changes in her life and we have been working with her ever since I got transferred here to Jordan.  Ah well, She is doing well though and has been coming to church pretty regularly over the last several weeks.  I am happy with the progress we have made with her and if she had officially returned that would've just been the cherry on the cake but I didn't get to see it.  Too bad.  

The other area here in Jordan had a family baptism this last weekend.  A mother father and Daughter were all baptized and the branch was really supportive of the newcomers.  They really are an adorable family and have just LOVED investigating the church and now I am sure they will make fantastic members. They have so much potential to be leaders of the church and if they remain strong they will join the other pioneers here in Jordan to make Jordan a ward on day.  We also had a branch activity that day and it was fiesta in the barangay we live in.  So we were plenty busy this weekend eating, playing, eating, working, and more eating.  People love Fiesta here and literally anyone from their houses that sees you walking down the street will call out and invite you in their homes to eat their food.  I love FIESTA!

I am loving my time here in the Philippines and will cherish these memories for the rest of my life for sure.  I can't wait until the day that I can come back here and show you all around.  It IS going to happen sooner or later.  You all just HAVE to come here and experience the Philippines.  It is just so much fun.  I hope everyone has a fantastic week and everyone is ready for me when I get off that plane... IT'S GONNA BE PARTY TIME!!!!

I love you all and miss you all so much.  Can't wait for story sharings when I get home.

Halong,

Elder Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment