Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Week 95

So I had a wonderful long email all written out for you all and I
checked my inbox because someone had just emailed me and I promise I
clicked save draft... but it was lost. I am so mad. I can't believe
it is just nowhere to be found right now. I honestly don't even know
what happened. I hate computers!!!! AAAAHAHHH

This week has been a really good one here in Guimaras. We have been
working LOTS with Less Active members and it seems to be really
effective right now. This last week we had 6 less active members come
for the fist time in a long time. So we were super proud. We have
been working hard with a family named the Peralta family. Even though
they were pretty closed off and unreceptive at first they all came to
church and we have a good commitment for them to do the same next
week. I was so happy that they all came as a family and were there
really early. So good to see. Brother Peralta also got interviewed...
he has the Melchizedek priesthood and should hav a calling before too
long. SO we are super excited for them. His Sister in Law also came
with her kids and her cousin to church. She just went through a
separation with her husband and has been inactive since. But her and
her kids were all there and seemed to really enjoy themselves. The
branch did a great job welcoming all the less actives back and making
them feel loved. It was a good week for less active work. We are
struggling with investigators right now. When I got to the area I
tink there were abot three people investigating the church. I haven't
seen any of them go to church yet either... so we need to get some
more new investigators this week really badly. That will be my focus
over the next couple weeks and if we can do that the aea will be
great. The branch here is really sweet and love their missionaries.
They are also working hard t actually have a hometeaching program.
This is the best area I have been in for home teaching. The members
are actually visiting others and they are reporting... it is just good
to see. They still have lots to work out, but I think they are leagues
ahead of my other areas I have been in. SO I am way proud of Jordan
branch for that. This week should also be exciting cause I go to
Iloilo again for Leadership training. That aso means I will get to go
to Molo to work for a night and see my friends out there. I am so
excited for that. I will also be with Elder Faran for that trip...
who was my companion while I was in Molo. We will have a fun time
remiscing the good ol days in Molo. We already have a sweet dinner
appointment at the Gaje's house for Wednesday night. It is going to
be so good. Anyways. I am still so mad that my other letter was
lost. I will just have to make next weeks really great. I love you
all and I miss you all so much. Three months til I go home. HAPPY
BIRTHDAY THATCHER MAN!!! He is 5 tomorrow... so hard to believe.

Halong,

Elder Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment