Monday, May 21, 2012

Week 88 (Week 87 we got to Skype!)

Hello Family!

This week actually felt a bit longer than the past couple weeks.  It feels like a while ago that I talked to you all on Skype... but, of course, all is well here in Hamtic and I am, as always, one happy missionary.  The transfers must've been what made the week feel longer... or transfer day seemed to be the day that would never end.  It makes for a super long day when you have to ride all the way to the city in the morning and still have to make the trek back the very same day.  The windy roads therough the mountains just seem to suck my energy out for some reason.  Transfers were weird for antique.  We had to close lots of areas because we are just running out of missionaries it seems.  We had a big batch go home and no one to replace them.  We need more missionaries!  This zone was 18 missionaries when I got here and now we are down to 13.  Hamtic is now the only brnch in the district here that has four missionaries.  So the Antique zone had some major change this transfer.  We only had one Elder in my house get transferred though Elder Naylor.  So now we have a new Elder named Elder Murdoch.  My companion and I both stayed put though and we are both way happy about that.  Elder Domincel and I are way stoked to be together for another transfer and I think we will see good things happen in Antique.

We are still really struggling to find investigators that will progress in the gospel.  We are working way hard to do more finding and to find through our less active families... but so far it hasn't worked for us yet.  We are still looking for new ways to find some more new people to teach.  We are teaching alot of people but none of them are keeping commitments or really doing anything.  So we are still trying to filter through all of them til we find the ones that are prepared for the message.  I wish I had some stories about investigators and how they are doing, but really only one investigator is doing anything for us and even she has some big social concerns that are hindering her progression right now.  

Elder Domincel and I have just really been evaluating our teaching and our investigators and we have been making plans on how we can change in order to start having some more success.  We are still in the process of finding things we can change... but we have already discussed making some changes, like shortening our teaching.  I think we are just spending too much time in our teaching appointments and it would be more effective to shorten them a little bit.  So we are still looking for things that we are doing that we can change in order to make the teachings more effective and more fruitful.

This weekend is District Conference for Antique.  We have a visitor coming from the Area Presidency, Elder Nielson.  He is a member of the 1st Quorum of the Seventy... so we are pretty high rollers out here.  He actually gave a prayer at the last general conference.  He is also going to be doing a mission tour here.  So these next few weeks will be pretty packed for us.  This week won't be too bad, actually, until the weekend.  But the next week we will be going to the city, as a zone, for our zone conference and then the next day Elder Domincel and I will have another zone leader's council.  So next week will be another one of those weeks where we have no time to be in our own area... awesome.  I am excited, though, o be able to meet Elder Nielson and to get to learn from him.  I feel special because I will get to meet him personally and actually get to have time to chat with him and learn from him.  Elder Domincel and I will for sure be seeking revelation on how we can make this area better and how we can get some wheels turning here.  I think we will find some answers. 

Well I miss you all and I can't wait til next time I get to see you all... cause it will be for REAL!!! Needless to say I am way excited for that day.  It seems like all my friends are coming home from their missions... I'm not too far behind them.  I love you all and I pray for you all often.  I am doing great and I am happy here.  I know the church is true!

Love,

Elder Lowry

Pic 1:  These are our fans... They love to have Elder Domincel and I do magic for them.


Pic 2:  Another cool Sunset in Antique.

No comments:

Post a Comment