Thursday, April 26, 2012

Week 84

Hello family!

Things are great here in Hamtic and this week seemed to just fly by for me.  It is so crazy how fast time is going by and it is fascinating how it seems to only go faster and faster.  I'm just trying not to blink!  We had a cool Sunday yesterday as it was our Branch Conference here in the Hamtic Branch.  President Pagaduan was there and another person from the Mission Presidency, the District Presidency, and the senior couples were all there.  We also set a record 144 people attended sacrament meeting.  It was so many people but also one of the most reverent Sacrament meetings I think I have attended here in the Philippines.  The members were really showing off for all the visitors or something.  We also had a primary choir which sang We'll Bring the World his Truth.  That is actually the tune of our mission song here in IoIlo so it was fun to have the primary sing it for us.  I was so impressed by them.  Other than that we had an awesome turn out for less active people.  The one family that has been my focus lately is now officially active again in the church and they are aiming to be sealed in the temple.  They are the Ardenio family and they definitely have a special place in my heart.  We have seen such a change in attitude over the past two months as they have overcome so many obstacles to get their ENTIRE family active again.  I am so proud of Brother and Sister who sacrifice alot of time and money to get all 4 of their little kids prepared and ready for church every Sunday and Brother sacrifices work on Sunday  mornings to be wit his family as they go to church.  I am so happy that they have seen how the Lord provides for those who put Him first and rely on His arm rather than the arm of flesh.  They sure are living witnesses of that right now. 

We are also looking to have a baptism this weekend.  Sister Marjorie Orquejo is preparing to be baptized this Saturday!  We are excited for her and I really think she is ready for this next step.  She has been so hesitant and sketchy about entering into this covenant but I think we have finally been able to resolve those concerns and I really think she will go through with it this weekend.  She has been taught since last August and has been putting off baptism since like November of last year.  She understands the doctrine and has the desire, but has been so worried about what others will think of her when she actually becomes a member of the church.  She is also kinda paranoid that she will go inactive.  I think that is actually a good quality about her cause it shows that she understands the gravity of covenanting with God.  But I think she is strong enough of a person to stick to something once she begins it.  I am ready to baptize her anytime she feels comfortable.. and I think she is there now. We have had lots of talks lately about disregarding others when it comes to our relationship with God and what things will be like when she is baptized... like what will be expected of her.  She is awesome and I will be sure to get some pictures if all goes well.

We also found a cool new young family this week to teach.  they are the Tibubos family and they seem to be so nice.  We have gotten in tight with Brother Tibubos and we are welcome back to teach.  We also invited them to church the first lesson we had with just him and even though he didn't come the first thing he did when we taught the whole family on Sunday night was apologize that he couldn't make it.  They have 4 little kids and they are so cute.  The oldest daughter just turned nine and absolutely loves the missionaries.  So we went and bought her a teddy bear for her birthday cause that's what she asked for.  Kids here want the cutest little things for there birthday.  I gave a barbie to a little girl that just turned eight in the branch and every time I see her now she reports on the status of her barbie.  Like if it has a house yet or not or is the barbie has found a suitable boyfriend.  Apparently she just went through a tough break up... keep her in your prayers.  Anyways, back to the Tibubos family, they are awesome and would make an awesome addition to the branch.  Brother is one of those charismatic nice guys that you just like to be around and would make an exceptional leader.  So I will keep you posted on them.

I am doing awesome here and loving my time with Elder Domincel.  We have been working so hard lately and just trying to be out of the house as much as possible getting things done.  It sure is tiring but it makes you really feel more entitled to the Lord's help when you are doing everything you can to magnify your calling.  I sure hit the sack hard nowadays and have a hard time getting myself up to exercise.  I am exercising alot though lately and have been doing well with my six months to sexy plan.  I must say... not even one month has gone by and I LOOK GOOD.  Not really... but I've still got alot of time left to fix that.  I am really enjoying that nice jump rope Mom sent me.  I never thought I would ever enjoy jump roping but I am an addict now.  I feel lazy and weak if a day goes by that I haven't exercised and jump roped.  It will be something I'll do the rest of my mission until I can go home and play tennis everyday and ride bikes.  Those are the things I miss the most.  

Well I love you all and miss you all so much.  I am excited to talk to you all again next month!  This will be the last time!!!!  I think I look kinda different and you all might freak out a bit.  Just a warning. But we are on the look out for good computer shops to chat with you all.  We are looking for a nice place with fast internet.  I am sure we'll find one.  As for plans I imagine I will just talk to you all early morning Monday here... So Sunday evening for you all on Mother's day.  That should work out well and I will just ask around if I can get any good deals for computer shops to open early for me so I can have a nice fast place... when all the kids are playing computer the connection slows down alot.  So I think we should be good for probably 6:00 AM that I could talk to you all.  But I still have to talk to some people.  So that's that.  Thanks for all the emails and support I receive from all of you.  I really appreciate it!

Halong,

Elder Lowry  

No comments:

Post a Comment