Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 79

Training day!
Zone Leader Council - this is the mission home!
That's the mission Pres and his wife next to the guy in the red tie. Pres and Sis Pagaduan!
Hello Everyone!

Things here inHamtic are great and I thoroughly enjoyed being here all week and getting to work in my area all week.  The work really is progressing here in Hamtic Antique.  The big news was that we had a baptism this weekend!  Little Irvin Calderon got baptized on Saturday and Confirmed on Sunday.  He is a little part member kid meaning that his parents are both members but he wasn't baptized when he was eight.  His Mom and Dad used to be inactive but now they are active and the family seems to be doing well.  The poor kid got chicken pox the week of his baptism and refused to take any pictures the day he was baptized.  We were even wondering if he was foing to be able to be baptized but he got better by Thursday but Saturday he still had the sores all over his face.  He was having a rough day and just broke down and cried while his Mom was trying to get him to take some pictures... poor guy.  We didn't try to force him to pose for pictures... sorry.  But the service was great and we had lots of support for him.  I was way happy for their little family and hope they will continue in the church and receive even greater blessings. 

This week has been a full week of work and trying to find more people who will listen to our message.  We have found a couple new families and we are excited to see if they will continue in the gospel.  People here in Hamtic are super nice and love to talk to anyone.  I've never had so many people approach me and ask who I am and ask what I am doing.  It makes it really easy to invite people to listen to the message we share.  We have a super cool investigator right now named Chrispina Abella.  She is a referral from one of the members here and she has been to church three times now.  She attended the baptism and went to a stake relief society activity and loved all of it.  She is praying about the Book of Mormon and I hope she gets an answer soon.  She says she has been to a billion different churches and has ended up having problems with all of them.  I know she is sincere and will receive the answer from God that the message is true.  We also have another investigator who has been taught for forever (like since July last year) and she said she wanted to be baptized and so that will happen the 2nd Saturday of April.  SHe is also really consistent attending sacrament meeting and will make a great addition to the church here in Hamtic.  Right now Elder Arrieta and I are looking for whole families that we can teach.  We have a couple, but we want to focus more on families since a whole family unit is usually stronger in the church than an individual.  

I am way happy with life right now and I love being a missionary.  I hit 18 months this last week... I didn't even realize it though until I had layed down for bed.  I was like "DANG!  I've been away from my family and friends for a really long time now."  Then I fell asleep.  Good story, no? Well I am excited for these next 6 1/2 months that I have to soak up the missionary life and then I will be home and partying it up!  Get Excited everyone... or actually postpone that excitement for 6 months and then go crazy.  I am healthy and happy and excited for what will happen over these next 6 months and all that I will learn.  I think the Philippines is the best and the people people are even better.  I love the language (which is getting alot easier... easier than I remember it being in Miag-ao.)  So basically I think these next 6 months will just sail by.  I will be home before I know it.  

I love you all and pray for you all often!  DOn't forget me!

Elder Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment