Monday, January 2, 2012

Week 68... Week 67 he got to Skype with us instead!!

Hello Family!  

Another great week here in Miag-ao.  We had an interesting church service though.  I think we had 4 people there when the meeting started and about 12 people were there total.  I think with it being New Year's day alot of people either forgot or didn't feel like going to church.  We did, however, have 3 investigators there.  

I feel like this is an awesome area and it has so much potential.  I also feel like there are just two or three things that are preventing that from happening.  I haven't quite figured it out and it is really bugging me.  Elder Workman has been feeling a bit under the weather and I wasn't feeling on the top of my game so I let him sleep off his sickness and I started a big study.  I figured that I need to find out how to help others become consistent church attenders.  I think this study will extend over the next two weeks.  I am actually kind of excited for it.  I feel like it isn't only this area that suffers from this problem and that it will benefit me for the rest of my mission. Last night I spent about four hours just thinking and reading and thinking more about what makes a person want and actually go to church every week.  I tell you all this because I really want so feedback from you all. I want you all to be completely honest and answer some questions for me.  You all have a full week to answer so feel free to take time and really think about it.

1.  What makes a person a consistent church attender?

2.  What kind of attitude needs to be attained in order to become one?

3.  What sort of habits help a person become one?

4.  What can a person do in order to obtain said attitudes and habits?

5.  What can I do to help others obtain said attitude and habits?

6.  What would prevent a person from being a consistent church attender?

7.  What factors determine whether or not I enjoy my church experience?

8.  What can I do to enjoy my church experience more?

9.  What more can I contribute to my church experience every week?

10.  How can I get more out of my church experience?

I think ten is good enough for now.  I am going for as many opinions as possible so if you could pass this around whether or not they are members... in fact I do want a lot that aren't members.  Your help is very much appreciated.  I will also have my members taking this survey... if that's what this is called.  Thank You... I love you all.  I willkeep you updated on how things go.

New Year's was fun here in Miag-ao.  I had some people say that they hoped I wasn't too homesick or anything.  I definitely miss all of you a whole lot... but I am not suffering from homesickness or anything.  I have a whole lot of fun here and it is only sometimes that I even get to think about home. I think it is a blessing that I have been so busy over the holidays so that I can stay clear of missing home too much.  I am definitely excited for next year's Christmas' and New Year's celebration.  We are going to be partying HARD CORE!  

This morning Elder Workman and I went to the next city over and played basketball with the Elders in the district... I just want yall to know I dominated.  I couldn't miss and no one could stop me.  I'm done bragging... I just wanna make record of this happening because I don't think it will or could ever happen again. haha.

So I am really excited for this new year... I can't believe it is 2012 already... I GO HOME IN 2012.  I can't believe that.  I have just under nine months left here in the Philippines.  I have set some good goals to get done before I go home to America though.  I will be a busy boy.  I haven't finished my goals though for when I get home.  I just don't know what I want to do yet... it still seems so far away.

Well I love you all and I miss you all so much.  Happy 2012 everyone... I will see you all later this year.  Don't get used to Elder Lowry being gone... I will be back before you know it.  

Halong,

Elder Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment