Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Week 43

Hello Family!

So this week was ALOT of fun! I really am enjoying my time here now. Like I really love the Manoling Area... and if I can speak for them they love me too. My primary is the PLACE to be on Sundays. I had like 5 nonmember kids in my class last week because their neighbor friends all invited them. This last Sunday we were in Roxas for our stake conference. So we all piled in the back of a dump truck (100+ of us) and stood there for two hours until we got to the Roxas Stake Center. Good Times! The people here in Manoling ward LOVE to go on road trips... probably cause they never really get to leave their secluded little place so they love to travel with all their friends to see their other friends they have seen for six months.

The only horrible thing that happened this week was too Analyn... her Dad chaned his mind and said she couldn't get baptized. So it definitely won't be this weekend... We are still working so maybe it can happen next month. Sayung! We aren't giving up easily though. She says she really wants to get baptized and that she knows what we have taught is true. So we will be making frequent trips to talk to her Dad and try to help him to realize how the church can really help his daughter.

I GOT MY BIRTHDAY PACKAGES YESTERDAY! President Pagaduan came to our conference and had two awesome packages for me! Dad, I got the card if something needs to happen for me to activate it just tell me. And Krista packed the most things into one large flat rate box I think is possible. So I just want you all to know that I was a VERY excited missionary yesterday! It was better that Christmas. I shared a bunch of candy with my family here (i live in their house i mean) and made some potatoes. They were more excited than I was. I have gotten WAY close to this family.... they helped me through alot. Like way close and it will be so hard to leave them... that and my primary. So Krista THANK YOU in advance (and on behalf of those kids) for the presents... Primary is leveling up now.

I also have the best freaking news! I get to go to BANGA for a night! Our zone conference is combined with Kalibo (Elder Teh our Area President is touring the mission). But I get to sleep over in BANGA!!!!!!!!!! Like I cannot even express what I feel right now. I am getting ANgelyn to come by where we will eat that nght and hopefully I can stop by Sheila Mae's house and say hi on the way home that night too. I just can't even tell you all how much I love and miss the Aklan and more especially the Banga area. Like i completely left part of my heart there (if i can try to express my feelings with corny poetry... bare... or bear with me.... this parenthesis got too complicated) Just know that this week is going to be awesome. My bata in the mission (trainee) is also still there. Elder Quinantoto. I miss that kid more than anyone that lives in the Philippines. So we leave here on Thursday and stay the night over there... then we come home right after the conference on Friday. Another week where we have lots of travel. Traveling is a hassle here. A way big one too. But I am more excited for the chance to go back. Like probably too excited. I will probably lose some sleep this week over it. haha

The Philippines is a wonderful country everyone... wonderful. You really have to adjust and learn to love it. But it is really wonderful once you do.

I love you all so much and miss you all!

Devyn- I'll try to get a letter off this next week for ya. I'll try to not leave it in my apartment like I always seem to do.

Shelby- Got your letter. It is really tough t send letters here. So I am trying to find the best way.

Til next week!

Elder Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment